View Single Post
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2019 , 22:47   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyourefine View Post
What version of AMXX did you compile the currently posted amx_parachute.amxx?
When you click on "Get Plugin" it actually compiles the plugin right then from the source code. The compiler used is likely the latest stable version of AMX Mod X which is 1.8.2.

Quote:
We edited the .sma file to use a new parachute model, but when we compile it with the latest AMXX, there is a compilation error.
What is the error? Can you post your version of the code?

Quote:
I tried also using AMXX 1.7.1 which you had listed in your ORIGINAL post, and while the compiler says it is successfully, only admins can use their parachute.. like the plugin didn't fully compile all of the code.

Do you know what could be going wrong here? It really feels like I just need to be using the correct compiler version, or perhaps updated source code?
If any player is able to use the parachute then there was no issue with the compilation. So, if only admins are able to use it then it's probably just a configuration that needs changed.

Quote:
Notes:
I noticed the posted .amxx plugin is 18,623 KB, but when I compile it with 1.8.3 or higher it's about 6KB or if I compile it with 1.7.X it's about 12KB. So, that seems suspect..
The size of the file being different doesn't make it suspect [of functionality issues]. The compiled plugin provided by the 1.8.2 and earlier compilers actually contain the binary code twice whereas in 1.8.3, they remove that unnecessary duplication.