View Single Post
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2013 , 12:06   Re: [TF2] SDKHook_SetTransmit and Miniguns?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Setttransmit fires every frame so you are doing tonshit of unneccessary stuff there.
No ridiculous functions are being called, so SetTransmit as it is now seems to be very lightweight, at least the way I'm using it. You're right though, there must be a better way.

Quote:
I think you can just send ef nodraw to the entity effects and it won't be transmitted also
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Effects_enum

You can undo it by removing it and marking edict as changed...
How would I go about doing that? Would it only affect visibility for certain other players? I want Friendlies to be visible to other Friendlies, but invisible to Hostiles.

Quote:
Other things you can try is stuff like changing the modelsize to make it very small, and then setting it back to normal, which is also reversable.
Setting the modelsize to be small would not remove unusual effects, nor would it remove footstep sounds. :\ And again, I don't think it would affect only certain other players? I want Friendlies to be visible to other Friendlies, but invisible to Hostiles.

Quote:
Otherwise you can do things like setting the world index to -1
wat

Quote:
or just removing the weaponslot.
Removing the weaponslot is not an option, as that seems to have the unfortunate side effect of removing the weapon.

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-19-2013 at 15:42.