View Single Post
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-19-2006 , 00:47  
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casio
Damaged Soul, can I ask how you found out the name of the defuser kit? i.e "item_thighpack". I have being trying to figure out how to get the name of items, weapons etc. but have been unsuccessful, can you or anyone else help me out please?
Well, I think this is a question more suited to the Scripting Help board, but I just knew it because it sort of is common knowledge I thought.

But a good place to find entity names however is on the supported mods page of the Metamod web site. If you click on the links that say [ents] next to each mod name you'll get a list of entities/items for each mod. For example, the CS 1.6 entity list is here: http://metamod.org/dl/metamod/ents/cstrike. Then you could just experiment by creating those entities with the create_entity and DispatchSpawn natives and see which one is which if you don't already know.

And finally you could also try using the Entity Info plugin which lets you point at things and it will tell you the classname of the entity among other pieces of information.

Hope that helped you.