Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2016 , 12:57   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarin View Post
Hey all,

I keep getting this error, i dont know why;

Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
Failed to find sample rate creating cache data for MP3, cache will be invalid [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
Failed to find file for building soundcache [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'music\casc\gungame2.mp3'.
S
If you have other MP3 files in that folder that are working, I'd think it would be an invalid format MP3. It could just be a slightly corrupted file that still plays in a regular media player, but has something wrong with it. That "Failed to find file..." error concerns me, it leads me to believe the file doesn't exist, though if you can see it in that folder and can play it with a media player, the errors may be errors themselves. If the file is working properly in the game and there are no other issues, I'd just ignore the messages. Other than that, I'd check the properties of the file in question versus other files that do play correctly in-game and don't generate errors messages. Check things like bit rate, sample rate, channels, and possibly the codec. Try to regenerate the sound file using a sound file editor so that matches those properties of the files that do work.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera