Thread: CD Punisher
View Single Post
heathen
Old 08-11-2004 , 20:32   Is krotal's version better??? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote #6

Krotal’s version is missing some functionality that this one has such as money management for No C-D and alternate Old C-D settings. In addition, this version has some improved code. Krotal's version string matches player’s names for "[No C-D" to detect C-D. This one interfaces C-D in a more direct fashion. Krotal's is a mix of various authors’ code. This one is written entirely by me. Plus Krotal's version has been removed from the plugin's forum and it's author appears to be banned (note that the author is not Krotal). But mine is missing the in game menus that admins use to restrict weapons on the fly in Krotal's version. I will add menus after I’m done adding damage management.
<edit> after much thought i've decided that this plug-in is much better without an in game admin menu, these are not the kind of settings that should be turned on and off frequently. Regarding damage modifiers, it is logisticly impossible to do without the use of ugly haxs such as the ones employeed by war3ft and war3, the cost of implimenting such a thing as damage modifiers is to heavy when weighed against the benifits. The fact is that metamod does not export crap from the CS mod and thus amx and amxx can not alter any mod dependant stuff like damage, it can only pretend to.