View Single Post
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2015 , 13:40   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
No, just check AMXX_VERSION_NUM if lower than 1.8.3. If so include the inc file, else do nothing.

I did not read your code(so remember this, I am not talking about the modifications you made), but I can tell you it's a bad ideea to just take a default amxx plugin, edit and release it. You should instead make a pull request on github with your changes. This is because AMXX is updated from time to time and plugins are likely updated. This means that your plugin will be stuck in time and probably not compatible or missing new amxx version features. Take this as an example: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=27855
Lol, that example was a good plugin and went dead apparently, because there is a guy there at the thread end, complaining about it not working.

Then I have to think, why the official AMX would accept such pull request?
Because it was too good. Then go ahead OciXCrom, make the pull request if you can
I just looked quick the current adminchat.sma code there, and look like this would be a good trade.

Of course, was good too publish it here, so you and whoever will decide to accept the pull request, could see the modifications acceptance by the community. Hence, to be more precise, you could add a poll to this thread, asking if this is a AMX must default plugin. In my opinion it is.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-02-2015 at 13:54.