View Single Post
ElooKoN
        ^_^
Old 06-16-2013 , 21:49   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinjuice View Post
Before this gets locked I have to say this: If you build your business model on someone else's product, do not expect anything less than disappointment when that product is no longer officially supported. This is a risk you took when creating your business. You had every right to build your own product ElookoN. Mattie has no responsibility as an artist to serve you as a client.

tl;dr
That is wrong, we are a hoster. We do not build on someone else's product, we have much work to do and we get the problems if anything does not work - if the server does not work, we are effective respondible for that and there is no difference between a Vanilla Server or a modificated server. We have to invest the money for supporters. We have to answer questions and write tutorials for customers they do not know what they do - because hosting is not only the installation of a service.

But thank you for the answers, as I see many people do not understand my intention. Currently we explicit (only) recommend SourceMod (and personally I donate for this project because I find it good).