View Single Post
ElooKoN
        ^_^
Old 06-16-2013 , 19:07   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #17

@Zephyrus: I did not bash anyone. That should be clear if you would read my texts carefully.

@asherkin: Yep but read, I explain it.

As I said it is Matties hobby. Of course. But you should not forget: As hoster, I have to tell the people - who do not know anything - what's the best way to begin with a new server.

That means: If I see and I have the feeling that EventScripts does not have a future I cannot tell my customers to use it. Because then they will start configuring &ct and this will need much time and it is much work.

It makes no sense if the server is broken then and nothing works and all the work was for "the cat".

So I just asked a simple question. I did not bash.

If Mattie says: "Yeah, I've much work and not many time but don't be afraid ES will breaks for 4 weeks after any update" all is perfect. Nobody wants Mattie to create an update within 24 hours. Thats unrealistic, Mattie has enough to do and ES is not OpenSource like SourceMod. But that wasn't required and not my question.

That is all and I hope you understand what I mean. It's great what Mattie has done for the Community and what he will do the next years maybe. Also like the SourceMOD project.