View Single Post
Sansaurithbane
Old 06-16-2013 , 13:48   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElooKoN
It would be just nice if you would answer my question. But you were not able to answer my question after months.
I can't imagine all the messages he might get all the time. I know at my work I have this problem all the time. People say they are so busy and are unable to reply to all messages. Recently I had messages that have been unread for over a year and I got an automatic notification that the message was auto-deleted for inactivity for over a year. I can understand this to a point, but at least it is understandable when you are that popular.

Although I don't like saying it, but after using Eventscripts since 2006, I have finally decided to start using Sourcemod instead. ES still works fine for what I use it for, but the main reason for me switching is that SM also works for l4d/l4d2, tf2, and csgo, which ES I believe only is working for CSS. What I learn from scripting in SM for css I can apply to the other games too. On top of that, I think there are a lot more features available in SM than in ES. Currently I have a bunch of functions in SM converted to console commands so ES can use these commands in my scripts.

Classic ES and ES python were really easy for me to learn, but trying to convert my scripts over to SM is not easy. That was the thing I liked best about ES. Without discovering ES back in 2006, I probably wouldn't be here today because I would have thought that modding your own server was too hard and would require writing VSP's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElooKoN
I think you do not understand what I really mean. EventScripts is your hobby. You are not committed to do anything. We cannot claim anything and I never would do that. It's not my purpose to query this.
I have the same opinion, I know people have busy lives and I understand if there are not instant fixes for multiple game support.