View Single Post
Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-02-2016 , 20:54   Re: [RELEASE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor v0.6
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
We do not feel comfortable with you distributing closed-source, obfuscated binaries to our community.
I know obfuscated programs are suspicious but im only doing it to optimize and compress the program (and holding it closed until i know if im going commercial or not).
The only thing i want is to get a bit attention for what i do, so i dont feel like wasting my time on expensive projects and spreading malware through my software doenst help that at all. Its even the opposite.
Spoiler

I dont want to Open-Source it yet, well, unless im forced to (Please dont abuse) or maybe im going commercial so i can buy certificates (which are expensive btw), who knows.
If im going to Open-Source it, i still need take time to learn how to use Github , cleanup even more code and set comments everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
joining forces with the author of SPEdit to build a single, awesome, open-source SourcePawn editor?
Mhh, im not sure. AeonOne and i have probably different goals or tastes.
Im a bit proud of what i did with BasicPawn. At the beginning i didnt even know how to get on the same level like SPEdit did and scraping BasicPawn now, the only thing currently to get a bit attention for my projects, feels wasted...
We still could help each other tho.

Sorry for the bad english grammar, i hope you understand what i wrote and hopefully we solve this somehow. Do i fear a takedown?
This literally took me over 30 minutes to write this, i did my best xD

Last edited by Timocop; 04-19-2019 at 18:19.