View Single Post
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2013 , 23:25   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.0.0, 03/08/2013)
Reply With Quote #12

Some of you may have noticed that certain attributes added to weapons that really take effect on the player, such as "max health additive bonus", don't work when the attribute is added to the weapon. The reason is that the player's attribute manager cache isn't cleared when the weapon's attributes are updated (Valve corrects for this in their own code, calling ClearCache on the player's attributes right after they make calls to add attributes to weapons), and it only updates when they regen/respawn.

So I'm adding TF2Attrib_ClearCache(entity), which would perform ClearCache on an entity's attributes.
Note, however, that Set/Remove/RemoveAll already call ClearCache on the entity that is being added to/removed from (internally), and the only issue is the entity's OWNER (a weapon's player, for instance) not being updated. Thus, should I even add this native, or should I simply clear the attribute cache of m_hOwnerEntity of whatever entity is being used in Set/Remove/RemoveAll?

Long story short, we don't NEED TF2Attrib_ClearCache(entity), and I can simply just call ClearCache on the m_hOwnerEntity of any weapons/wearables passed into Set/Remove/RemoveAll. Should I add the native anyways?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 03-15-2013 at 23:26.