View Single Post
Desktop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-21-2022 , 18:09   Re: [CSGO] Gamemode: Zombie Survival
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000 View Post
Hi,

Although I respect the authors efforts (and do not want to degrade any hard work that has been put into it or trying to appear offensive towards this project and/or author), I must say that I do not see any use and/or benefits from this plugin.

This is because Add-Ons could've been written for ZR for this particular use case, since it is already there, stable and provides everything that is needed for developments. And if it not, why not hop on it?

I don't see what you cannot do with Zombie Reloaded (or Zombie Riot), regarding this plugin. ZR also provides a better expierence as a whole because of its professional
development, resulting in a fine-tuned nature and a user-friendly enviroment.

And the title of the plugin is misleading as well. I thought it is an adaption or orientation towards CS 1.6 Zombie Plague. Zombie Survival gamestyle/type however roots from Biohazard (or horde or something similiar) mod for CS 1.6, and ZombieMod/ZombieReloaded for SourceMod.

And for as much as I know, there's already a stable version of Zombie Plague for SourceMod. Why not hop on it? And if not stable. Again, why not hop on it?

Don't understand me wrong. I respect everyones effort that has been put into any work. And I do support the freedom open-source brings with it. However, at this point (for me personally, and I preserve here my right for criticisement) it is just redundant, and not for the betterment.

Beat regards.
Hi, obviously, I don't feel any kind of pain while reading this, your oppinion was great.

We share some points talking about redundancy, however, as I said since the beginning, this mod was private and wasn't actually coded to be open-source, by the time we started this project, zombie-reloaded didnt exist as we know it today, so we tried to make our version of the code, without having to learn how other coders decided to create their plugins.

As far as I know, there are several things in this mod, that you won't find in others, but that's a decision you should make, obviously, if you already have a zombie plague mod, you shouldn't use this, you would be ERASING EVERYTHING you already did.

The idea here is to provide stable support for future use cases and to provide an open-source example of how some things can be done (having in mind that there is a lot of things that don't exist in open-source) for coders that don't find what they're looking for in the rest of the forum.

Thank you!