Thread: [Feature Request] Simple Progressive Actions
View Single Post
HSHoffmann
Old 08-20-2016 , 02:47   Simple Progressive Actions
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I've been playing around on quite a few servers and some of the highly populated ones see a lot of people breaking the rules and a lot of admins issuing the minimum action to that player despite repeated offenses.
My suggestion is to simplify the whole moderating process where an admin can merely execute the command and a progressive length is added for that player.

For example, "server" has 5 levels of commands for Micspam / HLDJ / SLAM offences.

1st offence is 30 minutes
2nd offence is 3 hours
3rd offence is 24 hours
4th offence is 1 week
5th offence is Permanent

So a player comes into the server, turns on HLDJ so he can destroy the souls of everyone playing there.

The admin does sm_mute player MicSpam or !mute player MicSpam and sourcebans sees that the player has never done this before, and gives them a 30 minute mute.

The player comes back after 3 mins, turns on HLDJ to share the word of his lord and saviour John Cena.

The admin does sm_mute player MicSpam or !mute player MicSpam and sourcebans sees that the player has been muted for this one time in the past and gives them a 3 hour mute.

Basically, sourcebans instantly progresses the action taken against the player so that the admin doesn't have to lookup past offences and modify the mute accordingly, which it seems doesn't frequently happen on most servers so it is the same people coming in spamming music over and over. Obviously, I have no idea how to develop plugins or I would do it myself, but it has been something on my mind for awhile and I figured I would share to see if anyone else agrees this would be a great feature.

What do you guys think? Is this even possible?

Last edited by HSHoffmann; 08-20-2016 at 03:13.