View Single Post
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2004 , 11:33  
Reply With Quote #7

I dont care if he ported it or not, everyone should have to follow the rules, they were created for a reason, and P.S, its not hard to change a plugin to compile with AMXX rules, I have ported ATAC and DeagsMapManager for AMXX, I know how do it. Also with the backwards compbatiblity that SniperBeamer and Bailopan setup anyone can just use the online website compiler on this website and it will still work for AMXX.

The point is, if you didnt create the plugin, you should list the Author's name where it is stated in the Port AMX Plugins

Quote:
- If you didn't write the plugin: put the name of the author to the topic and to the post.
- If the original author requests that it be put under their control or removed, their request will be honored.
- You must not use amxmod.inc - only use amxmodx.inc instead.
- You must not use Vexd or XtraFun modules - use the AMX Mod X modules C-S/Engine/Fun instead.
- Don't hardcode paths like amxx/custom; use the get_customdir native instead
- Use log_amx instead of log_to_file

If you do not do this your plugin will not be approved.
Also, if you have been following the lastest updates of AMXX you would know the soon there will no longer be a mysql module, it will be called dbi, because now they are going to start adding support for other SQL formats, so soon this plugin will be incompatbile with AMXX .20 due to the fact that MYSQL Module will no longer exsist. Read this post for more information

http://www.tcwonline.org/~amxmodx/fo...opic.php?t=922