View Single Post
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 02-15-2017 , 19:12   [ANY] Would You Rather.. v1.0
Reply With Quote #1

Would You Rather
A Simple would you rather game that shows in the in game radio menu. Currently there is no tracking of stats, so if a player leaves the server he/she may be answering questions that he has already seen in a previous session. If a client closes the menu then they will have the chance to restart their questions from the beginning, or continue where they left off, if a player restarts they may see questions that were already shown.

Config

The config for the questions is setup to be as simple as adding lines to a file or adding an additional file for a new category.

To add a new category just start an empty file within the /addons/sourcemod/configs/WouldYouRather/ directory. The name of the file is the name of the category.

To add questions and options to your category just follow the format of

Code:
QUESTION|OPTION1|OPTION2
The delimiter is the '|' character. If you do not have two of the delimiter characters the plugin will unload and tell you what line it is on.

Convars

ConVars are auto generated into the /cfg/WouldYouRather.cfg

Code:
sm_wouldyourather_random - Default to 1 - When displaying questions to players it will pick a random question from their collection. Set to 0 to go through numerically.

sm_wouldyourather_menuspacer - Default 1 - The menu spacer which is printed as 'Or...', this can be disabled and will show as a normal menu.
Contributing

To contribute to the plugin or it's questions please see the contribution guidelines

Future Plans

I'm planning on adding a webserver (perferably java) that will communicate through Http requests. This will allow the webserver to hold the stats per player, instead of having the server save all the stats. If I do actually get around to finishing the webserver then it would be in a different destination, as I want to keep them separate.

Download

GitHub

Plugin
Source

Last edited by Mitchell; 02-15-2017 at 19:40.