View Single Post
Kigen
BANNED
Old 07-14-2008 , 16:36   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoS View Post
I found a small bug, if you go on a map like he_tennis_2008, and play for a bit you will be banned.

I don't know why, but it bans innocent people.

Keep up the good work.
What ID did they get banned with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltad View Post
If we PM you a valid hacker's steam id will it get added to the global ban list?

Oh and have you heard of that new Oculus (or whatever its called), its supposed to be user-developed to be better than VAC.
No, PMing me a cheater's Steam ID will not result in them getting added to the global banlist simply because I have no way to verify the ban is accurate.

Yes, Oculus has been setting in "Early Alpha Stage" state for quite some time. Problem with Oculus is that it will be like Detox and very demanding on the box. I'm sure most GSPs will stop their customers from using it. Also from the Oculus site, "Oculus is targeted at the Half-Life 1 engine game Counter-Strike only."

Anyhow, KAC is going to be built on being accurate 110% and being fast and efficient. From the sounds of it Oculus is going to be quite taxing on resources. My intentions with KAC are to be available to everyone and not to tax the crap out of resources. Although if Oculus can detect cheaters accurately enough it'll just be another brick in the road for cheaters. :p And I want to build a large ass wall.