View Single Post
ToasterOven
Old 09-12-2020 , 23:09   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steam bot
Reply With Quote #999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
4) Open the configs folder and edit config.cfg.
I have a question about the steam_apikey entry in config.cfg. Should I generate and use an API key from the account I use to play and purchase on? Or should I generate one from the account I created for the bot to use? Since attempting to creating one from my "bot account" failed saying "access denied", I decided to use my personal API key; upon registration, I linked it to my local server using 127.0.0.1 as the domain name and proceeded to input it into the config.cfg:

Code:
steam_apikey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
However, upon using "refreshprices" in the bot console, I get this:

Code:
Error while fetching TF2's market:
Error with the API key, is it valid?  Have you made more than 100000 requests/day?
I can confirm I don't get 100000 api requests as my server is password locked (only me testing for now), and the API key is valid as I generated it from the given link.

Attempting testapi also does not work, for running testapi 440 "Mann Co. Supply Crate Key" results in: Item with name 440 not found
(440 is TF2 game id). Attempting to replace 440 with "Team Fortress 2" results in a crash.

The resulting crash log:

Code:
9/12/2020 11:18:34 PM (Version V12.0 - PUBLIC) LINUX : NO
-2146233033 - System.Private.CoreLib
Void ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus, System.TypeCode)

Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(ReadOnlySpan`1 value, NumberStyles styles, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at ASteambot.Manager.TestAPI(String[] args) in C:\Users\Arkarr\Documents\GitHub\ASteambot\SOURCE\ASteambot\Manager.cs:line 183
   at ASteambot.Manager.Command(String command) in C:\Users\Arkarr\Documents\GitHub\ASteambot\SOURCE\ASteambot\Manager.cs:line 132
   at ASteambot.Program.Start() in C:\Users\Arkarr\Documents\GitHub\ASteambot\SOURCE\ASteambot\Program.cs:line 178
   at ASteambot.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Arkarr\Documents\GitHub\ASteambot\SOURCE\ASteambot\Program.cs:line 129

I also can't test "!donatevip" in chat as an error occurs:

Code:
Error while inventory scan:
Failed to open backpack:
(btw my backpack is public)

Finally, upon starting up the bot, the green line of text in the console which displays the User, pass, and API of the bot show a different API than the one I inputed in config.cfg, is this normal?

At this point, I'm wondering if I set it up right; even though I double checked everything from the install video and the written steps/examples.

EDIT: If someone replys to this, congrats on the 1000th comment lol.

Last edited by ToasterOven; 09-12-2020 at 23:24.