View Single Post
heliumdream
Old 11-13-2021 , 16:04   Re: Display Damage with Sprite
Reply With Quote #12

Yeah, I was thinking about the overflow issue; my implementation of Anubis (SH Show Damage) isn't as good as another one I'm familiar with, made by landfall / evileye / iburai. He uses a method of buffering / delay, so multiple instances of closely timed damage get displayed cleanly, instead of just jumping to the last instance.

Something similar to prevent too many entities might work for a more Global Sprite Damage Display System prone to too much simultaneous drawing.

Appreciate the thoughts, everyone. I'll post back if I bother coding anything.

---

Completely tangential; is anyone familiar with HLTV? I'm wondering what I would need to do codewise to get the Sprite Display System to display for hltv spectators.

Part and parcel - I am hoping that extending the system from local to global will inherently solve this. But I'm not sure. Not entirely familiar with hltv spectating.

I only recently launched hltv for my server - I am thinking of putting my SH bot server on twitch now that they can use powers, and am looking into using hltv to execute this. 3rd person chase cam & auto director makes for some pretty compelling footage...that would be made even better by visualizing damage.