View Single Post
finishlast
Old 07-26-2019 , 04:25   [L4D] Rotoblin2 Fix for "Teams are tied"
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

first of all let me state that I'm running rotoblin2 https://github.com/raziEiL/rotoblin2 .

I'm using rotoblin2 1.4 but my "problem" seems to happen in the other versions too and I saw it on other server too that stated to run r2compmod.

Unfortunatelly disawar1 discontinued his work on rotoblin2 in 2015 so I don't think that someone is going to fix the project as a whole.

For my needs it runs good enough except for one thing, there is a randomly appearing "Teams are tied" score screen that overlays the screen midgame.

It stays there for 5 seconds and then disappears. This happens to all players, so at least it is a fair bug...

(see attachment)

The question is if it is possible to write a fix for this, instead of fixing roto2, which is not going to happen.

The screen always states a teamscore of 0 - 0 and it is not happening in every round, it is randomly appearing midgame.

So I thought it might be possible to surpress the score window on round start and reenable it on round end with a "fix" plugin.

Any ideas if this is possible to do and how to enable and disable the window?

I disabled plugins that came with roto2 like l4dscores l4dready and evertything but the problem remains, so I think it is somewhere in roto2 itself.

Don't know if this post should be here or under scripting, since I would be willing to try to do it myself, I just need an idea for disabling the score screen and enabling it.

thx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tied2.jpg (82.2 KB, 151 views)