View Single Post
Oinkie
Old 11-03-2010 , 20:59   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.0.4, 10/30/2010)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Oinkie, the tf2items.weapons.txt does NOT touch Give Weapon. All the weapons in Give Weapon are hardcoded to the plugin itself. What that config txt file thing does is, for tf2items_manager (a separate plugin), it makes a list of players' weapons that it should modify. So if you put in code for changing somebody's wrench to make people golden, then that person, if they use the wrench, will turn people golden.
Could you help me figure out why it's not working for me then? I type, as an example
Code:
sm_give @me 9018
If I am reading the code correctly, this should be a valve rocket launcher. It is announced that I was given weapon, but my rocket launcher doesn't change. I've tried touching a resupply cabinet, respawning, and touching ammo crates. Still just the regular rocket launcher. I've tried this with all of the Valve type weapons I see in the code.

Then I thought that it was related to just the valve weapons so I tried giving myself the direct hit or black box as a soldier. Still keeps me at the regular rocket launcher, even though it announces I got the new weapon.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the clarification about tf2items.weapons.txt though. I had been trying forever to get that to be populated.