View Single Post
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-13-2015 , 23:40   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
Quick question for Asherikin or someone who knows. A while back, Valve changed TF2 to use the steamID3 format thus breaking 1.6 SourceMod fork until a patch was done and released via a snapshot. If I recall correctly, at that time 1.7 only supported the steamID3 format but there was some discussion somewhere that 1.7 would eventually support both formats including steamID and steamID3.

For many years I've used the original Sourcebans 1.4.11 and still run a snapshot of SM 1.6 because SB 1.4.11 uses steamID and not steamID3. My banning system is very important to me and was hoping someone could clarify as to whether or not SM 1.7 now supports the original steamID format or if it still only uses steamID3.

Thank you for your time.
In 1.7 GetClientAuthString is deprecated and GetClientAuthId should be used. This means that the plugin coder can decide to choose his SteamId format, instead of the default one. I.e. they can choose to always have the STEAM_0:1:2345 instead or one of the few other various forms (i.e. [U:1:234]. Since SB wasn't updated after the TF2 SteamId3 update, it used the new default one.

Regarding Sourceban, it has been mentioned somewhere that the corrections needed for SB to handle the 1.7 change are found in the many pages of the SB plugin thread. If you don't want to search and do them yourself you could try to use a forked version. Note that I didn't try it myself.

Looking at the 15/11/14 update of that plugin, it says it now handles Steam3, which should solve your problem. You may need to ban your player by the appropriate SteamId however (i.e. if you manually add them). There are ways to convert from one SteamId format to another if needed.

Red
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 06-13-2015 at 23:43.