View Single Post
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Location: The Cookie Jar... or Pullman, WA (Washington State University)
Old 06-17-2008 , 01:42   Re: Spread the word - Firefox 3
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawce View Post
And while you're at it, tell ubuntu to stop patching their firefox to make it crash
Interesting how you are having problems with Ubuntu and Firefox because I may be getting lucky, but mine works fine. I assume you're using Hardy Heron (8.04) because I'm running it too and it works fine with all the 50 updates per day. I'm using Pandora.com right now to listen to lots of music and it's worked for many hours straight with no hitches including when I updated. Mind you pandora uses Flash... So I don't know why it is causing problems in some instances yet not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccdoodcss View Post
Agreed. IE is foreign to me now. I use an older version at school because our school's tech people are retarded and don't just d/l firefox. Prolly more security features for IE, though. Dunno for sure. I haven't seen the list but I noticed the link grabby thing. That is new isn't it?
IE is definitely not "more secure" or have more "Security features" than Firefox; FF doesn't allow ActiveX scripts to be run without questions like older IE versions did allowing unparalleled access to the computer practically. There are so many things FF does that IE just can't live up to even with a full blown Microsoft deployment (Servers, Workstations and Policies) from personal experience. But to each his own; if it works, don't fix it...

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!