Old 01-18-2015 , 11:43   Re: [TF2] Plugin keeper for tf2itemsinfo
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalplyoutube View Post
But who uses it > Nobody besides friagram
I haven't seen any plugin using it and its outdated last update was since 2013

tf2itemsinfo is better and deal with it
Someone is butthurt.

TF2ItemsInfo is also outdated and the only "updates" it got are hacks from random people that only make the problem worse.

The fact is, this plugin sucks and no respectable server owner should run it if they don't want their server to randomly freeze in the middle for several seconds. That and Michell already pointed out some performance problems with the reloader. The only correct way to handle it is to attack the root of the problem itself. This plugin sounds like a case of the XYProblem to me.

As for rewriting TF2ItemsInfo to use a database, that would work but if every call to the item schema requires an SQL query then wouldn't that be horiffically slow? (O(N) search each time.) Plus you would have to make sure that the current "API" that TF2ItemsInfo provides still works (i.e correct output redirection).

Maybe it's possible to redirect all TF2ItemsInfo calls to Friagram's extension? Where if you call a function it just searches the data in Friagram's extension? (Would that even be allowed?)

Last edited by Potato Uno; 01-18-2015 at 12:34. Reason: Fixed broken URL