View Single Post
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-21-2014 , 09:01   Re: Weapons Model Replacement[ OKAPI ]
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
I don't like to test plugins in my oficial servers and i am lazy to read the code so is better to ask. If i run an external plugin for give some people private weapon skins wich are set at item deploy, would that external plugin work?
And since i am talking about this, i think it would be a nice idea to allow setting skins by user flags and also steam id (Steam ID would override flags). Would be more original and make a easy job for many people

Could be:
.Normal Replace - "models/v_knife.mdl" "models/hamlet_server/v_knife.mdl"
.Flags Replace (Example, ADMIN_BAN) - "models/v_knife.mdl" "models/admins/v_knife.mdl" "d"
.Steam ID Replace - "models/v_knife.mdl" "models/jhob/v_knife.mdl" "STEAM_0:19788919"
Your suggestion is impossible to be done with okapi, it's patch the string directly into memory one time, in plugin_precache and at this point there are no players connected + the original string is replaced by new one, the model is not simply "changed" as happen when using pev_viewmodel12 and so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
I don't see the point of wmr_safemode_off cvar ; as it should fuck up memory if you use a new string size > original size one (like you example..)

Pointless, please don't make unnecessary steps. Auto-loading is working fine, don't start to make people mixing both.
As you say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
I believe you can use other stuff to save strings into memory, even if not only one time, there is stuff that require such few cpu consume that people won't really care. But using an external module just for this thing seems useless and many people might dont want to use it. Example, i know one owner of a big community that has the server really high ranked. He owns it for like 5 years and few weeks ago i was helping him fixing chat crashes and when i sent the sma he didnt knew what it was because there are many people who just comes and download amxx.
Since you using that module just for a few memory settings, i think its a bit useless. But at the end its your choice.
"I believe you can use other stuff to save strings into memory,"
No, only possible with okapi/orpheu which acts in the same way. The point of this plugin is to use the best way, it's not my problem if some owners can't read the instructions or if they are not able to use it.