Thread: [Feature Request] API?
View Single Post
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 09-12-2013 , 15:56   Re: API?
Reply With Quote #4

Yii is a PHP framework based on the MVC (model-view-controller) design pattern. It comes with:And a lot more, which saves us the hassle of writing all of that ourselves. Yes, it also has a tool called Gii to automatically generate models and CRUD code from the database, plus there are over 1300 free extensions to add more functionality, for example for Twitter Bootstrap, GeoIP, PHPMailer/SwiftMailer, TinyMCE, Smarty/Twig, etc.

If you want to create SB2 plugins, there's a simple example in the documentation, which you can save as application/plugins/DemoPlugin.php and then enable it under Administration > Settings > Plugins. The included Community Bans plugin is more complex (and unfinished, but you can enable it and see what it does so far).

You're right, most people will probably just change the CSS to make it look different, so I am looking into the possibility of adding CSS files to existing themes, so you don't have to copy the HTML. But due to starting a new job my time has been limited.

Last edited by DJ Tsunami; 09-12-2013 at 16:03.