View Single Post
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2015 , 12:04   Re: Changes - Part 1: Plugin Posts and Approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Would it not be possible for whoever has access to this site's PHPMyAdmin to like, go into the user records, find my username and edit it in the database to "404UserNotFound"?

Actually, based on that idea, would it not be possible to do some kind of webform where you have to log into your AlliedMods account (I'll explain why in a second), then you choose a payment option and pay....let's say $10, and choose a new name. When payment is received by the system, it logs it under the donation banner on the forums and then sends an SQL command telling the database to find the old username and change it to the new username.

Logging into your account first is because if we just had an open form that said like..."enter your current username", "enter your new name choice", "payment", then people could go around renaming everyone to stupid shit.

Regardless, that method should result in a forum-wide username change. Then just have our profiles display name changes as well (for admins). This could help attain more donations for server costs.

Or I could be talking out of my ass and be completely wrong in my assumptions (though I specifically have renamed a PHPBB forum account username in PHPMyAdmin back when I was hosting the TF2Classic forums and it did indeed change the username site-wide, so I'd have to say I'm not wrong)
Again, the forums need a way to track user name changes to prevent anyone abusing them to get away with stuff