View Single Post
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2018 , 04:37   Re: [ANY] VGUI URL Cache Buster (3.0.0, 2017-12-30)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtrav View Post
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but it would be nice to see a check for the current state when attempting to modify the motd. For example, when players join it is created a second popup window for the default motd defined in the server. It is difficult to click this sometimes, creating issues for a few.
Is this a built-in game MOTD or caused by a plugin? Haven't heard of this issue when we were testing CS:GO changes.

You can manually override the behavior for a URL prefix by setting its entry in configs/vgui_cache_buster_urls.cfg to none, which should bypass this plugin's processing step for your MOTD. (Set vgui_workaround_debug_spew to 1 to see the URLs that are being sent to players if you're not sure what it is, and don't include the protocol in the prefix.)

----

I'm testing a new branch of the code that unifies the iframe / popup code into a single HTML page, adds a keyvalue entry that indicates if a page should be displayed as a popup, changes the preinstalled configuration's default handler to delayed load (since iframes are being increasingly blocked), and should make the installation instructions the same for all games including CS:GO.

I've given it a decent amount of testing in TF2, though I could use a few more eyes on it to make sure there aren't any regressions.

A preview release is available here.

Last edited by nosoop; 01-01-2018 at 10:58.