View Single Post
Plugin Info:     Modification:          Category:          Approver:   Brad (55)
Nomexous
Old 02-01-2008 , 00:32   Weapon Physics [v2.1] (Nomexous)
Reply With Quote #1

Weapon Physics (Nomexous)

Updated to version 2.1

After coding my Lie Flat plugin, I realized that I wasn't satisfied with the basic physics of objects in CS. So I set about coding this plugin. You guys are going to love it.

Features:
  • Weapon bouncing: Before, if you dropped an item, it would simply plop itself on the ground. Now, items will bounce a little when dropped. Collisions with solid objects will produce a clattering noise.
  • Explosions propel items: Pile up a bunch of guns, and throw a grenade. Watch those guns skitter away. The closer the explosion is to the item, the faster it's propelled away. Items will spin!
  • Armoury_entities: Changelevel to fy_iceworld. Throw a grenade at the items neatly lined up. Yep, not so neat anymore. Grenades on an FY map will never be fair again.
  • Shooting items: Simply point and shoot. Items will react to the gunshot. This is disabled by default; access the menu to turn it on.
To access the menu, type "amx_weapon_physics_menu" in your console. Enabling or disabling options in this plugin will only work from the menu.

I think this is mostly mod-inspecific. If you find other classnames that physics can be applied to, please tell me so I can add them.

This plugin will now compile on this site's compiler. However, the Ham Sandwich module is still required. See below for your version of AMXX.

For AMXX 1.8.0 users:
The Ham Sandwich module comes with v1.8.0 by default. Simply add "hamsandwich" to your modules.ini. It is recommended that you compile this plugin locally.

For AMXX 1.76 users:
This version of AMXX does not come with the Ham Sandwich module by default. Download the attachment on this post and put the files in their corresponding directories. Add "hamsandwich" to your modules.ini. Then either compile locally, or use the "Get plugin" link.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (weaponphys.sma - 16093 views - 12.2 KB)

Last edited by Nomexous; 02-09-2008 at 15:57. Reason: Version 2.1