View Single Post
Black Rose
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2017 , 13:38   Re: HLDS Windows 10
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xExperienced View Post
Lol Don't use this type of OS for hosting game servers .

If you want to host from Winodows OS then try these : (will suggest u : Windows Server 2016)

Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2008

I would recommend you to not to use Normal Window's OS for hosting purpose , they are built for home use and some kind of official use , not for hosting.
Really? I can understand that it may be easier to manage a server version of windows and it comes with other functionalities that makes it easy to integrate for example exchange and similar software into a company infrastructure but would it really affect the raw performance of a 3d party application? I find that really hard to believe. I mean, these are basic CPU operations which I assume bypasses the operating system, at least at a version specific level. If so, why can't this logic be applied on games as well? Then everyone should have Windows Server because it "unlocks the potential of the hardware". That's just weird. But please do explain if I have mistunderstood.
I'm not saying there isn't an issue in the operating system that has to be corrected, I just find it hard to believe that the server version of windows is the only solution to that problem.