View Single Post
regimen
Old 01-01-2017 , 00:08   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1232

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
I've used this every year for a holiday Karaoke event, but this year, all the sounds (which are .mp3 files) are failing to play when using the "Karaoke" functions (even the announcer voice). here is the error I'm seeing in console:

I've checked the sample rate of all the .mp3's, and they are all at 44100 (which has always been fine).

Has something changed with the engine, or is this plugin simply broken?
I'm having the same problem suddenly, as well. All my old sounds work, but tried adding a new one and its a no-go with the same error.

MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ admin_plugin\time_left\visitwebsite_ss_edited 2.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ admin_plugin\time_left\visitwebsite_ss_edited 2.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ admin_plugin\time_left\visitwebsite_ss_edited 2.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ admin_plugin\time_left\visitwebsite_ss_edited 2.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'admin_plugin\time_left\visitwebsite_ss_edite d2.mp3'.

"sample rate (0)"? wtf.....

Sound file is 44.1khz MP3 @ 64kbps bitrate...

EDIT/UPDATE:
One issue in my case was that I didn't add it to my download redirect so the sound isn't even downloading. Why it's throwing invalid sample rate error instead of file not found error, I don't know, but I'm 99% sure once I get around to adding it, it will be fine. Been a while since I managed a source dedicated server, but always thought if it wasn't on the redirect, you'd just get the file directly from the server only slower but nope!

Last edited by regimen; 01-06-2017 at 14:48.