View Single Post
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2013 , 11:13   Re: HLstatsX:CE News

I have recived a few PM's about the project status and who is still active. As of right now I am the only dev, and I am working full time and finishing up my degree so I have little to no free time. I have laid out the base of the python daemon (log praser and listener) and the needed parser. But I have not created the DB mapping interface, I plan on using SQLAlchemy so the project can move from just being dependent on MySql and this will make update simple on my end.

Here are some of the tech details of what has been done:
  • Muti Processing and Muti Threading
  • Regex for Log praseing based on Valve Log standers

I know that is not a long list but TBH I am doing what I can when I can. For the deamon all that needs to be done now is the DB interface. And then it can be deployed in a beta stage.

A few things to know, the new HLX will use the SM DB API for the ingame plugin, this is being done for performance and security (if you set up a read only user for SM). I will be adding a "Legacy" mode that will act the same way as the current plugin (using the log to trigger a rcon event) but this is going to be slower.

As far a the web side go's, it is using the codeigniter framework and other then a very basic admin cp there is no work that has been done here.

So if you are wornding what you can do to help this is where the project stands and if you think you can help the project is open source so go at it, if you have any questions please ask here