View Single Post
White Bishop
Old 10-09-2009 , 04:25   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #73

Basically the changes include:

1)
No stats are recorded if you use a teleport command (posme posme2 /p etc...) no stats are recorded

2) No stats are recorded if you use noclip to get a new position (although you can use noclip to look around as long as you use the command that returns you to your original starting point)

(Items 1 & 2 are specific to the plugins I use for teleport and noclip but the code can be easily modified for whatever commands you want to prevent. If the user touches the start orb, stats are re-enabled)

3) Modified the Uber Rank so that it is based on the top X hardest maps (10 for now) as oppose to average difficulty of all completed maps. This is so you can play easy maps without hurting your Uber rank as long as you have completed X harder maps. After stats have been recorded for a bit I will likely up X to a larger number. This number is the same as the minimum number of maps required to reach this status.

4) Modified the way the statistic for "number of maps completed". Each map is counted only once regardless of how many times you complete it. Previously each map run was counted as a completed map even if it is the same map as long as it was a different round.

5) Modified the Speedrun so it can be recorded multiple times per round. This allows you to lower your run times while others finish the map.

6) As a result of #5, I added a column 'earnedPoints' 'in the 'skillmaps' table of the database indicating if the map run earned points (you can still only get points once per round). This is really only necessary if you want to be able to show how many points have been earned for each map separately. Also I added a column 'nMap' in the 'skillrank' database the tracks the number of maps completed (where each map counts only once regardless of how many times you beat it). The original column 'nFinnished' tracks the number of map runs (where maps can count more than once but only once per round) but is not reported in my version.

7) Whenever someone joins the server they will now get a message telling them stats are recorded (if they dont use teleport or noclip) and where on the web they can see their stats (my url is hard-coded so you would have to change that as well).

I also had to make changes to the php files as I stated in an earlier post. After those changes they worked great and I just
customized the php files for my site and added a few more.

Awesome plugin Lt Lama. I know you put in a lot of hard work. Thank you and Great Job!

Last edited by White Bishop; 10-23-2009 at 20:16. Reason: added a few changes I forgot about