View Single Post
Seke
Dark Knight
Old 02-11-2011 , 17:54   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Frankly he deserved to be banned. Here's why

a) Off topic in a plugin thread
b) Flaming plugin authors for CONTRIBUTING TO THE COMMUNITY
c) Wasting time of moderators and other users

Why does Greentryst delete the posts with "Yawn" as the reason?

Sorry, but do you know how annoying it is to type in the reason for EVERY SINGLE post that was deleted? If there is a clear and obvious reason as to why they were deleted then you shouldn't have the need to question it.

On top of that, the posts were cataloged in xOR's response thread to him.

Towards your argument as to why hawk or other staff members can insult such users:

They are staff members for a reason. They worked their way to their positions and therefore do have a higher authority than other users in the say of administrating the forums. If the user truly is a total moron, then what's to stop them from being angered at his/her ignorance?

Honestly if you have an issue with the way a forum is run, you shouldn't be here. Users are banned for creating issues within the community. If banning someone prior to another incident is necessary then it will happen. So it doesn't matter whether you are fluent in english or not, you just lack in understanding that forums aren't a free for all. There are rules and there are necessary actions. It's up to the people who have been running this community for years to decide, not you.
No, he did not deserved and here's why:
As i understand it the topic itself was in fact over and all his done was defend himself.
Flaming is not synonymous with criticising and if you use flaming as a ban reason everytime you are criticised you are just a coward hiding behind the staff position.
Wasting time of moderators ?
I smell brown nosing...
He only posted "Yawn" as a reason at his post, other posts have been deleted but his was the only one with "Yawn".
Don't post your opinions if you don't know the facts.
So, if you have a "higher authority' you can say and do whatever you want is that it?
Rules do not apply to you and even if you are suposebly a role model for other users in fact now that you can and you have the power and immunity to the rules you will do whatever you want, insulting, abusing, doing everything you couldn't do when you were just a user.
It's that how it works?
"Forums aren't a free for all"
Forums are free just for people who agree with the staff?
Rules are rules but i never saw him breaking any, i only see the people who suppose to lead by example breaking them.
Even you are insulting him for no reason even though he never did anything to you and he can't be here to defend himself only because you know you will never be punished as long as you allye yourself with the staff when you do that.
Look, i don't really care about ComisarSS's problems with that plugin but it doesn't make him less right, all staff members were abusing their power in that thread displaying a mob mentality reflecting that you don't have to be right or civilised or even human to be part of the team, you just have to be part of the staff..
My question however was to the main administrators and is quite simple actually:
Is this the site policy?
I just want to know if i will join this community that's all.
I don't think of myself as God's gift to this site or as a great acquisition, i am just a simple user.
I hate abusers in any community and i don't want to join such a community.

Last edited by Seke; 02-11-2011 at 18:07.