View Single Post
gavintlgold
Old 06-22-2010 , 02:11   Re: Metamod/Sourcemod for TF2 Beta?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Christ View Post
They can say anything they want, that doesn't stop people. They said stop using an achievement unlocked, and people kept doing it. The only reason they could punish people for using it, was because they got items in-game.
There is literally nothing they can do about SFM, other than remove the files (which they did) or ask people to stop. They obviously realize they can't stop people, because they did remove the files. But stopping people through just asking them is pretty much useless. They've tried that before, and it didn't work.

But since you refuse to prove you actually got those files yourself, it's pretty apparent that you pirated the TF2 beta, which means they won't help you here.
As you say yourself, they SAID they didn't want achievement unlockers. We're trying to tell you that they did not ever say that SFM was off-limits. They did remove it from the GCFs but, after using it for quite a while, I would speculate that it's more likely due to the fact that it's extremely buggy and nearly unusable compared to most filmmakers of its ilk (crashes all the time, hundreds of memory leaks, broken/undocumented features).

I have no doubts that the real version of SFM they used to make the Meet the Mac video is significantly better. Knowing Valve, they like to polish their games/software at least slightly before releasing. I think valve has said (sorry I don't have a reference but I remember hearing from many sources) that they will release SFM eventually, and most likely after all the Meet the Team videos are done.

Valve has given us the original source model files of the game, for goodness sakes, and has encouraged us to make machinimas using them. We happen to want to use the tool Valve themselves use, and it would benefit all of us greatly if Sourcemod's excellent features could help us out.