View Single Post
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2021 , 23:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 Dead Slots
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
As said by others "ED_Alloc" crashes are not related to this plugin, more likely to map and third-party behaviours. (aka engine limitations)

The stripper cfg from @Primeas is one that I shared with some fellows trying to fix this crash in some custom maps and c1m3_mall,
while is not the best solution does work for most of them.

If you have map crash problems I recommend opening a new thread on "Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests" area instead of going offtopic here.

Obviously, more players mean more entities and with some additional plugins it may increase even more, leading to these crashes.

Nothing that the OP can do, neither match the purpose of this plugin.
The crashes are clearly related to plugin as it tries to allocate entities towards players, which causes the server crashes. What we are trying to point out is that if you are getting ED_Alloc error then setting the maxplayer size to 16 and recompiling the plugin will solve this.

I think it could be of value to the player base, if this information is put in on the main thread just so people are aware. It doesn't require any change to the plugin code, just some additional information on the plugin thread.