View Single Post
Muhlex
Old 09-18-2020 , 20:19   CS:GO – Spawning live bumpmine_projectiles
Reply With Quote #1

I am trying to spawn live bumpmines (basically as if a player thew them but without the actual throwing part). While it is easy to create the according entity bumpmine_projectile, it does not behave like bumpmines thrown from weapon_bumpmine at all:
They...
  • will not use the same physics
  • will float slightly off of the ground
  • won't stick to surfaces nor turn to face slopes when put on them
  • simply cannot be used at all (always deactivated)

I have checked the netprops of the entity and switched m_bArmed from 0 to 1. This causes the blue particle effect on them to appear, but does not actually activate them nor does it cause their "armed" sound to play.

Seems like it is either very hard to replicate the way Valve handles them or that I'm missing something obvious. I have tried changing a couple other props to ones that I took from self-thrown, working bumpmines (via GetEntProp) – to no avail. These are the netprops I tested and their respective values.

PHP Code:
m_bArmed1
m_fFlags
m_iTeamNum
m_vecVelocity
: [-230.033.150.00// This varies and seems to be the velocity just before the game freezes them in place on impact.
m_vecForce: [0.000.000.00]
m_bIsLive0
m_spawnflags
m_hThrower
m_hOwnerEntity
movetype
movecollide
m_flDamage
m_DmgRadius
m_CollisionGroup
m_flMaxFallVelocity
m_nParentBoneIndex
: -1
m_vecParentBonePos
: [0.000.000.00
I'm not even looking for them to behave exactly the same, I would be happy with them being usable at all. Would be awesome if anyone knew how to do it or had another idea.