View Single Post
Plugin Info:     Modification:          Category:          Approver:   Xanimos (85)
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2006 , 22:22   Anti-Silent Plant - v1.5 - 2006-05-23
Reply With Quote #1

Anti-Silent Plant

Normally in Counter-Strike, when you plant the c4 (bomb) you hear a beeping noise coming from it. However, a person can plant the c4 in a way that causes the c4 to not emit this sound. This is called a Silent Plant. In all CAL matches for Counter-Strike silent planting is against the rules. It makes it difficult (and near impossible sometimes) to find the bomb when you cannot hear it and did not see where exactly the terrorist planted the bomb. IMHO, this is a cheap tactic.

This plugin prevents a silent plant from occuring by creating an additional entity with the classname func_illusionary and emitting the same sound at the same time and origin with the same volume, attenuation, flags, and pitch as the c4 normally would.

Installation
File Locations:
  • .\plugins\antisilentplant.amxx
Modules Required
  • fakemeta
The idea came from my desire to have a fairly ran server. In the past silent planting (on de_dust2 especially) became a real annoyance. I believe this will take care of the problem for anyone who dislikes silent planting as much as I do.

Plugin History

[2006-05-23] v1.5
  • Fixed a problem that was causing servers to crash after round restarts where the bomb was not planted the round before.
[2006-05-15] v1.4
  • Changed volume, attenuation, flags, and pitch emitted to match the emitted parameters of the C4 exactly. Sound emitted is now perfectly identical in every aspect to that of the original C4.
[2006-05-09] v1.3
  • Blocked C4 beep from occuring so that you don't hear a duel-beep affect when not silent planted.
[2006-05-09] v1.2
  • Removed engine natives and replaced them with fakemeta so that the engine module is no longer necessary to use this plugin.
[2006-05-07] v1.1
  • Removed unnecessary code from plugin_init.
[2006-05-07] v1.0
  • Initial release.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (antisilentplant.sma - 8752 views - 4.2 KB)

Last edited by SubStream; 04-23-2007 at 21:46. Reason: Changing contact e-mail in source code