View Single Post
heliumdream
Old 05-18-2015 , 19:32   [SH] Superhero Show Damage
Reply With Quote #1

Howdy folks,

it always bothered me that anubis functioned so well for bullet and knife based damage; but any damage dealt by heros or otherwise using the sh_extra_damage was not noted by anubis.

i attempted to change the anubis hero to catch damage using a forward and Ham_ TakeDamage with limited success.

ultimately i got the functionality i was looking for by adding some anubis code into the superheromod.sma game package.

i placed similar anubis checks inside the public _sh_extra_damage() function; and made appropriate cvar and variable declarations. everything is working perfectly.

i would absolutely prefer not to jack with the superheromod package, and instead modify the anubis hero. i am hoping other board members have suggestions for better implementation of this idea.

Code:
/*
loose changelog
441 - added gHasAnubis
484 - added sh_anubisdmg_check, gAnubisHero[25]
571 - register cvar; sh_anubisdmg_check = register_cvar("anubis_showdamage", "1")
1477 - checks to see if the hero your adding is "Anubis"; if yes set flag gAnubisHero
1564 - check if Anubis is in use or not
3004 - lethal damage announcements
3049 - other damage announcements
*/
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (superheromod.sma - 917 views - 189.1 KB)

Last edited by heliumdream; 05-18-2015 at 19:35. Reason: ocd