View Single Post
Don Sanchez
Old 06-30-2011 , 08:30   Re: [L4D1/2] Thirdpersonshoulder Block (1.1 - June 19th, 2011)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioSlayer View Post
I bet its extremely rare for this to be abused, and even when it is, its not like they can shoot you once they've messed up their view...

and third person mode has its drawbacks, such as not being able to shoot perfectly straight, no matter what the parameters are set to.
Yes it is rare to be abused now that you need a custom vkp addon to use it, but it is possible, I have already seen people who played with it, and quite a lot of people use it for creating fragmovies etc. with thirdperson.

Also, their view won't be messed up, you can change a few variables to set how the thirdpersonshoulder camera is positioned, and it's very well playable.
There are drawbacks like the crosshair normally not being 100% accurate, but it's negligible when you adjust the variables correctly, and the advantages are quite huge. And keep in mind that on top of that, they can manipulate it to wallhack etc... hm maybe I should make an exemplary video of that.