View Single Post
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 12-11-2013 , 11:47   Re: [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure these are the Linux files. After fully downloading everything, the files in the "bin" folder are .DLL's and not .SO's

There's also "steam.dll" and "srcds.exe", as opposed to srcds_linux and srcds_run Linux files.

EDIT: Ahh! It's because the proper ID is "17700". "17705" is the Windows version. And 17700 still returns the "invalid platform" error.
17700 is the client download; 17705 is the server download (although both use 17700 at runtime).

All I did was mark 17705 as available to download on linux, assuming that the correct files were actually still there. It turns out that they're not. When Valve converted the SDK 2006 Base (which Insugency uses files from) to SteamPipe, they left out the linux binaries. I let the Valve guy who did the conversion know that things are missing. It might actually get fixed.

Also, I saw in your other post that you wanted to run the mod since Insurgency the game didn't have SM support. That's not entirely accurate. The development branches of both MM:S and SM do have support for it.

Last edited by psychonic; 12-11-2013 at 11:48.