View Single Post
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2012 , 18:37   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrael View Post
I found that CSM 2.2 version doesn't seem to have this issue, although it still has the same other problems like 2.5a/b version. I didn't save original *.sp file so I didn't know where the differences were. In my opinion this is most stable version and it could work well in most community campaigns. I've used for over a year so upload it for those who doesn't like hordes problem like 2.5a/b version.

Please note that don't use it on the Passing campaign or community campaign including L4D1 NPC bots like the Passing.
This was actually one of Mi's better versions and I'm not sure why he decided to not work further on it and stick with it compared to 2.5.

For instance.

1. Bot bill reverts back to Nick on a map change in 2.2. Why he didn't then hook bot Nick to switch back to bot Bill once the new map loaded is beyond me. Much in the same way human Bill reverts to human Nick on a map change then reloads as Bill on nextmap load.

2. Something that just sorta bugs me in general. The L4D1 survivors not staying on a map change or rather not reloading on nextmap when being played humans if they load later. Something that I wish was changed but never was.

3. There was also a version of this. Maybe 2.3 that allowed the L4D1 survivors to be added as bots but that was later scrapped due to crashes.

4. Something missing from this version that is available in 2.5 is the L4D2 survivors being selectable which combined with RochelleCrab's version of l4d downtown allows for both sets of survivors voice and model on all campaigns. Which of course is missing in 2.2.

Last edited by Sev; 02-11-2012 at 18:45.