View Single Post
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-14-2017 , 11:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
I was thinking of scenarios like that last night so I am actually going to change how the Teleportation system works in the next update. There are other things that also needed to be changed anyway.

As for the spoiler tags, I just wanted to provide users drop-downs so that my post isn't so many feet long, though I do see what you mean by "a bit much."
I wouldn't worry about making your post so many feet long, you break ctrl+f with the spoiler tag and it's unnecessary to have people work so hard at just getting an idea of what this is all about.

I personally think the best idea for a plugin like this is to offer players a way to call a vote on who gets teleported. There are many legitimate reasons why players will split up. I'll never forget the time we struggled our asses off and with the whole team down, it was either get to safety or die with the team. I got to the safe room, shut the door and bam, jockey on my head for running ahead. Everybody raged.

If I had to implement this, I'll do it like so
  • never offer a vote menu automatically (this becomes spam)
  • remind players to call a vote with !warp player (or anything similar)

The idea is, if the separation of a team is on purpose, no one gets offended, spammed key intercepts (menus) and everybody is happy. If players are detected to be separated, remind them about !warp. If 2 players both call warp at the same time and only 2 players can vote, maybe determine where the bots are/were before getting aggressive about it or simply don't do anything.

I'll be honest, this is a tough nut to crack. Good luck