View Single Post
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-10-2014 , 09:54   Re: [ TUT ]Dynamic Array
Reply With Quote #8

Most of your points are taking into accout the dev builds and I'm not used with them, also this tutorial is for the latest stable version, 1.8.2

I said I can't explain all, because I don't have the time to write them, not that I don't know or whatever.

Quote:
To have like documentation says, you need to use ArrayResize(), this will update the count (so real blank entry) and you will be able to use Set directly.
After I test this, it will be added to the tutorial.

Quote:
think this should be rephrased, like you should always destroy an Array/Trie right after you don't need it. Of course if you an Array/Trie globally, one of place could be plugin_end().
I mentioned this:
Quote:
You are not forced to create an array in plugin_init and destroy in plugin_end, you can create it when you need, and destroy it when you are done with it.
Quote:
Just to comment that this is kind of silly to say that because well what you can store anything and an Array/Trie handle is just an integer number. There is nothing special.
It may be, but a lot of peoples are confused by it.

Quote:
Even if just an example, it would be welcomed to cache ArraySize() value. Let's keep good practice.
Hehe, you are right, didn't pay atention on it.

I will also add anchors tag.