View Single Post
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2008 , 01:54   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Pound View Post
First for the Sourceban guys, I want to thank you for taking the time to work on this for us all. I think it's terrific that you do that. The tool has been great for us and with 3 servers, we all love it.

The update to 1.3 was very easy on my webhost btw so the planets were aligned for me in having the right software....lol.

The error msg that follows:
[SM] Native "GetClientIP" reported: Client 11 is not connected

This seems to be something that is popping up with a lot of the plugins. I get this now with your new release (didn't with the previous version) but was already getting it for sodstats (that gentleman said it was pretty harmless and it doesn't seem to have affected anything on our servers over a good period of time now),

This is on a linux with sourcemod 1.1 and version 2441. So I haven't worried about that at all, everything all the web seems fine. Should I be worried?

My windows server (same 1.1 version for windows) is giving me a tad different error msg with the update to 1.3 but doesn't seem to be affected badly so looking for advice on what I should do. Should I ignore the messages, run your script above (unsure if necessary as I don't think I'm having the issues these others must be having) or should I be doing something different?

Here's the messages, each showed up once during the last 17 hour period:
L 08/27/2008 - 06:28:15: [SM] Native "SQL_EscapeString" reported: Invalid database Handle f000a4 (error: 2)
L 08/27/2008 - 22:030: [SM] Native "SQL_EscapeString" reported: Invalid database Handle eb500a4 (error: 2)

I'm running PHP 5.2.5, MSQL 5.0.51a on a Linux webhost, got PhPMyAdmin too.

PS: Please don't get too technical, I'm not a programmer though I follow directions real well...lol

Thanks in advance!
The GetClientIP error means that the player whose IP is being checked either disconnected or the client index is invalid in some other way.

The invalid handle on SQL_EscapeString probably means that somewhere the handle to the database (the connection) was screwed up in some way.

Last edited by recon0; 08-28-2008 at 03:20.