View Single Post
larrybrains
Old 12-15-2020 , 16:57   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLmelenchon View Post
Do you remember this bug where a survivor got teleported by a special and pumeled even if it was not a charger ? There is a plugin who was trying to fix that, it was saving the position of the survivor to teleporthim back to his original position after having slayed the SI. Since last stand update i didn't have this bug anymore so i'm not sure it is still useful, still there is maybe something to do with this jockey exploit if someone can remake the plugin. It will be just a temporary fix but it is still better than nothing.
I think it should be possible to make a plugin that checks the origin of a survivor every 500ms while they are jockeyed and if the difference between the new position and the previous position differs by more than some maximum, they were likely teleported and so it would then teleport them back to the previous position.

The only issue I see is if the survivor was dropped off of some height while being ridden, it might detect that as a teleport.

I might try to make this as a bandaid fix, thanks for the idea. I will share it here if I actually figure it out.