View Single Post
dr_lex
Old 08-19-2022 , 15:44   Re: [Any] GagMuteBan
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
Banning a player from voting can be an insane standalone plugin, someone asked for it about a week ago, and because nobody will check a thread called "GagMuteBan" to block votes, I think you should consider the following ideas:
1. Scrap this plugin, as I don't believe it is better than SQLiteBans I made.
2. Make a new plugin that only has the vote ban.
this is just one of the alternatives available to users to choose from.
3. Join SQLiteBans contributor team ( only me )

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=315623

SQLiteBans is a SQLite ( file & database ) based ban system that fixes some flaws of Sourcebans regarding saving nicknames, and it also allows you to view the ban list history.

External plugins can respond to an identity if they know it, to alter it before a ban is invoked. This means even using sm_addban either by admin or by plugin will allow Improved Ban Disconnected to attach a nickname to the ban:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=326810

It also has !commlist, to be able to unban comm ( gag / mute ) players that are disconnected.
Good time of day.
1. GagMuteBan is just one of the alternatives available to users to choose from.
2. Sorry, but I won't do it, since I added this feature because I need it.
I have also provided the ability to use this feature in third-party plugins via:
HTML Code:
native int HxSetClientVote(int client, int iTime);
3. I have to decline such an offer because I don't have much time to pay attention to it.

GagMuteBan is based on KeyValues so that the user can view the list of contents without any problems. Personally, I don't see the point in using SQLite for bans, it's not such big data, unless, of course, you write 1000 pieces a day). It is also not so difficult to adapt the plugin to SQLite

I treat eternal bans as unnecessary. Because if a player wants to log in to the server, he will create a new account and continue playing. Here, I think 2-5 years will be enough.