View Single Post
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2020 , 23:47   Re: Help, I have no clue how to use tf2items
Reply With Quote #2

I don't use tf2items.weapons.txt so I'm not the best person to respond. However, after reading a bit here's how I think it works.

1. install tf2items and ensure it is running.
2. create a file called tf2items.weapons.txt and put it in the directory labeled: /addons/sourcemod/configs/
3. edit the tf2items.weapons.txt file with the weapons you want modified. Weapons are identified with an item index. The Stickybomb Launcher has an item index of '20'. We can look up item indexes here: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Team_For...nition_Indexes
4. further edit the tf2items.weapons.txt file to add attributes to the Stickybomb Launcher. For example, attribute 6 is damage bonus. We can look up attribute ids here: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/L...tem_attributes
5. save the file, and change map. It should work.

Here's a tf2items.weapons.txt file I made for you. Not tested since I don't use it:
PHP Code:
"custom_weapons_v3" // Leave this alone
{

"*" //asterisk means these changes apply to all players

{

"20" //20 is the weapon index of the Stickybomb Launcher 

{

"1"                "2 ; 1.5" //attribute number 2 (damage bonus) given new value of 150%

"2"                "4 ; 2"      //attribute number 4 (clip size) given new value of 200% 

"3"                "78 ; 3"  //attritbute number 78 (max ammo secondary) given new value of 300%

"4"                "6 ; 0.4" //attribute number 6 (fire rate bonus) is 60% faster (inverted percentage)

}
    }

Hopefully this is correct. If not maybe someone who actually uses it can chime in to correct us.

For the bi-directional teleporter... I could test attribute 276 with a value of 1 on the wrench. I don't know if that would work or not.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tf2items.weapons.txt (527 Bytes, 91 views)