View Single Post
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 04-07-2014 , 08:11   Re: HLDS-V8: Extending HLDS with V8 JavaScript engine
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxProxy View Post
Ignore YamiKaitou, if he seriously thinks that OOP is not that big of a deal, you obviously can't take him seriously.
I feel OOP is only needed if the project needs it. I do not feel OOP is needed for everything. And, I don't deal with OOP languages that often (I only use OOP when dealing with MySQLi in PHP, though I don't code in various languages either)

Quote:
He is just so in love with PAWN that his reasoning is beyond sober mind.
Not sure how you got this conclusion

Quote:
YamiKaitou, i know that you are well respected member of this forum, but JS is superior over PAWN in every possible way and i simply do not agree with any of your points.
I never stated Pawn was superior than JS. I was simply commenting on various points he made. I'm fully aware that Pawn is out-dated, but if you look at the history of AMXX, you would see that they didn't have much of a choice back then (AMXX is a fork of AMX, which was already using Pawn. Even AdminMod used/uses Pawn). Sourcemod uses SourcePawn (which is their modified Pawn version) and at one point there was some development towards a new language custom built for Sourcemod. I have no issues with new projects, I just don't think HLDS is the place to go with it. I feel he would have more success in SRCDS given that HLDS is dying (albeit slowly, but still dying). If this project every takes off and gets stable, I'll certainly consider using it.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).