View Single Post
Proaxel
Old 04-07-2021 , 14:28   [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #1

(Note: This is not to be confused with Sky RPG which seems to be an entirely different thing altogether)

I've noticed some other servers are running this plugin where it has adds additional events to campaigns, like Scavenge events to parts where there clearly weren't before, or additional horde events.

I think I have managed to track this down to Sky, which is a "competitive configuration for Left 4 Dead 2". The list of changes and additions to the campaign levels are detailed on the GitHub page, and they seem to match up to the stuff I have seen.
https://github.com/Attano/Sky

I'd like to try adding this just to see all the changes in the campaigns, but there seems to be a few problems right away:
  • It requires ProMod, the link provided to download it is a 404
  • Both this and ProMod seem to also make a bunch of changes to gameplay and balancing in favor of competitive gameplay, which I am not interested in. I intend to only play this in a casual coop environment.

Is it possible that someone can release a version of this plugin that only contains the additional events to campaigns as well as the random weather? In other words strip out the ProMod requirement, and any competitive gameplay changes, in order to make a "Casual version" that can be played in Coop servers. Or if there is no one that can do it, can someone at least provide instructions on how one can do these themselves.

The closest other thread I could find on the matter is this other person here asking how one adds their own scavenge events like so: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=320624
Lux, the person replying, said they are using a modified version of this plugin that from the sound of seems to be exactly the things I described above, but the link they provided to it has also since turned into a 404.