View Single Post
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2014 , 07:30   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Ok, well, I Have 10 logs but no one say "xmas" or "respawn" either. If you still want it, I can upload all of them, but I don't know if the problem was saved on some log.
Errorlogs are titled errorsomething. Open them and read them.

Quote:
No, I guess I didn't. the .sh is opened as a normal user (without sudo or sudo su), but, is it necessary? I mean, why I have to chmod? I know that chmod is like the "Security" tab on windos, but the Serverfolder are in /home/JPZ/
I do not know why exactly but it DOES make a difference. Chmod 775 changes some things in executebehaviour.

Quote:
Yes, it's an old (but a pretty good one) HP, running from my house with my illegal (i'm kidding, everything is legal on my house) internet.
That is exactly what I didnt want to hear ^^ I do not care if your aunt, your mother or you the computer where you are running the server =D
I meant: You are logging in your server with a username. Your homedir is jzp so I am assuming you have to login with jpz and some password. Did you do chown -R -v jpz:jpzsusergroup Your serverDir in your terminal?
Quote:
Well, before the server used itself to send the files (not from fastDL), today I've configured the FastDL (with google drive) but I don't know if that works, because I deleted the goomba's sound to test it (the sounds are uploaded as bz2, i don't know if it must be as wav) and when the clients download the files, they are .wav and not .bz2. How Can I know if the FastDL are working?
You can compress your files on your fastdlserver. It is downloaded and extracted then. So if you have downloaded files, which were not there before, everything is fine